Administrateurs : celine

Serge Lutens - www.autourdeserge.net  English - Español  all about Serge 

In need of advice

Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Bas de pagePages : 1  
eve
Admirateur timide
3 messages postés
   Posté le 03-02-2005 à 09:12:41   Voir le profil de eve (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à eve   

Hello

I'm from New York and I've been in love with Serge Lutens fragrances for a few month now. I 've had the chance to test the entire export line and a couple of the exclusive scents (samples).

My husband's sister moved to Paris for 6 months and so now have a chance to buy something from exclusive line.

These are the scents I've sampled and my opinion of them:

ambre sultan: I have a bottle and I love it
daim blond: I also love this
Santal de Mysore: I really HATE this one
chene: interesting but not feminine enough
clair de musc: I really like musc but his is too light, too simple
datura noir: also too simple, too purely floral
un lys: too purely floral, not complex
a la nuit: also too purely floral
la myrrhe: I thought I would like this but I did not, I can't explain why
santal blanc: very pretty, but not warm/deep enough for me

(I don't mean to insult anyone's tastes, these are only my opinions )

Judging from this, could you give me an opinion as to which exclusive scent I should buy? I was considering Cuir Maruesque, Fumerie Turque, Bois et Musc, and Cherqui. I also don't like scents that are too sweet and have too much vanilla.
Please help!! I don't want to waste my chance.

Eve
Clarizia
Modératrice
Fan !
Clarizia
74 messages postés
   Posté le 03-02-2005 à 12:14:28   Voir le profil de Clarizia (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Clarizia   

Hi Eve and welcome !!

After reading your post, I would suggest Cuir Mauresque ( you had this one already in mind I see ). It's a beautiful deep,mellow and comforting leather fragance. There are some fruit and floral notes, but it may suit your tastes. By the way, Daim Blond is also one of my favorites

I will be testing Bois et Musc on saturday, and I will also write my impressions on this part of the board

Message édité le 03-02-2005 à 12:17:39 par Clarizia
eve
Admirateur timide
3 messages postés
   Posté le 03-02-2005 à 16:23:15   Voir le profil de eve (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à eve   

Hi
Thanks so much for responding.
I'm glad to hear I was on the right track with Cuir Maruesque and I can't wait to hear your review of Bois et Musc.

From what I 've read it seems that fumerie and chergui are too sweet and sometimes even oppressive for many people. Do you aggree with that?

Eve
Clarizia
Modératrice
Fan !
Clarizia
74 messages postés
   Posté le 04-02-2005 à 11:12:46   Voir le profil de Clarizia (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Clarizia   

Hi

I would not say that I find Fumerie Turque and Chergui "too sweet" or oppressive. Both frangances are quite strong, so I would not wear more than a few drops.

Chergui is more spicy that sweet, but it has indeed a honey note. It reminds me of something caught in between Ambre Sultan and Arabie.
I tried Fumerie Turque and did not like it, not because of the sweetness, but because of the tobacco note, disapointing on my skin.
Bela
Modératrice
Pipelette ;)
Bela
149 messages postés
   Posté le 06-02-2005 à 16:08:58   Voir le profil de Bela (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Bela   

Hi, Eve,

I have to agree with Clarizia: if you like Daim Blond, you will adore Cuir Mauresque.

Tubéreuse Criminelle would be too floral and heady for you; Muscs Koublaï Khän, probably too "animalistic". I like Fumerie Turque myself, but it can be a little sweet, and I find Chergui too masculine, although there's a sweetness to it that disturbs me. I couldn't wear it. I've never tested Bois et Musc.

Have you sent for the Petit Livre des Parfums: the wax samples aren't quite like the real thing, but they at least give you an idea of what to expect.

I definitely would go for Cuir Mauresque.

On the other hand, if you make a mistake, you can always sell it on eBay.

--------------------
"I am called a feminist whenever I display behaviour different from that of a doormat."
Rebecca West
eve
Admirateur timide
3 messages postés
   Posté le 08-02-2005 à 17:27:58   Voir le profil de eve (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à eve   

Thank you clarizia, bela & shemale babe

This past saturday I tried fumerie turque, cuir muaresque and muscs koublai khan from samples I bought online. I'm wary to judge a fragrance solely on the basis of those samples since I cannot be sure they're the real thing.
But: I just didn't like cuir mauresque! On me, it was too masculine.
It's not offensive to me the way santal mysore was, but I just don't love it.

I did like fumerie turque. On my skin the smoky note wasn't too strong, it was intriquing and lovely!

As for MKK, what can I say? To me, it's pure animalistic sex
I love musc so I would love to wear this with another scent, but not by itself.

Again, I HOPE these samples are genuine, but I can't really be sure.

So far I think I'll ask my sister in law to buy Fumerie Turque for me (and MKK for layering), but I would love to sample un bois sepia & bois et musc before I decide for sure. And now I feel like I have to try bois et fruits! shemale babe, could you describe it for me some more? I hadn't considered it at all.

Thank y ou everyone for your input. If you have any other comments please don't hesitate to share them with me.
Haut de pagePages : 1  

Serge Lutens - www.autourdeserge.net  English - Español  all about Serge  In need of adviceNouveau sujet   Répondre

Identification rapide :         

Divers
Imprimer ce sujet
Aller à :   

créer forum