Administrateurs : celine

Serge Lutens - www.autourdeserge.net  English - Español  all about Serge 

Advice please

Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Bas de pagePages : 1  
bonnie
Admirateur timide
5 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 12:51:20   Voir le profil de bonnie (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à bonnie   

Hallo ,
I'm from Denmark and would like to get some advice on which scents in the SL range to concentrate on. My preferences are the lighter and green types, but love the powdery and some floral ones as well.
I don't care for too woody or heavy/ masculine types, mainly because I'm around people a lot -and today many have idiosyncracies about heavy scents!
While in Paris a couple of months ago I visited Palais Royal and had only 15 minutes to find a scent-I chose Rahat Loukoum, but also tried the Rose de Nuit, Fleurs d'Oranger and La Myrrhe, which I now deeply regret not purchasing.
I am seeking advice on all the range, both the export and non-export, since I hopefully will see Paris again this spring or might be lucky that a friend will get there sooner and a purchase of other scents can be done without me sampling. (I got the pamphlet with the creamy samples, but how to get the others?)
The intensity and lasting power of Rahat Loukoum surprised me ,so I hope it conveys to the other scents as well.
I have lived and studied in Paris too long time ago, and have not lost my ability to read/ understand French, but lack the habit writing/ talking in French, so if you wish to answer in French it's fine with me.
Greetings Bonnie
celine
Webmiss
Administrateur
celine
591 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 13:05:57   Voir le profil de celine (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   http://www.serge-lutens.com   Envoyer un message privé à celine   

Hallo Bonnie,

Thank you for hanging around and welcome.

I don't think there are 'light' scents among Serge Lutens's perfumes, as they are rather oriental, but there are floral scents that you might like such as Fleurs d'Oranger or even Un Lys (?). As a great fan of La Myrrhe , Cuauhtli could tell you a few words about it.
I don't know the Salons du Palais Royal's perfumes that well so I hope other members will help you better than I.

To answer your question, you can only have creamy samples (for the non-export) : if you want to try the real perfumes, you have to go to Paris, alas. For the export, you can ask for samples in shops but they do not give them that often, especially when you don't buy

If you search for ligther scents, I suggest you try the export : you'll easily find them in Paris at Sephora, Galerie Lafayette or Printemps. Ask for Douce Amère , Clair de Musc , Daim Blond , Fleurs de Citronnier . They are intense but not heavy. Some people here don't like the export very much because they think they are less interessant than the non-export, but if you don't like oriental scents, that's what you have to try first.

Best regards.

--------------------
Wer, wenn ich schrie, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen? - R.M. RILKE

bonnie
Admirateur timide
5 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 13:22:41   Voir le profil de bonnie (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à bonnie   

Celine,
Thank you for good suggestions-I will have to read up on the ingredients and hope for the best if somebody else buys for me.
But the other three I tried are musts!
Greetings Bonnie
celine
Webmiss
Administrateur
celine
591 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 13:25:52   Voir le profil de celine (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   http://www.serge-lutens.com   Envoyer un message privé à celine   

http://www.osmoz.com

There you'll find components for some of the SL's export and non-export perfumes !

http://www.salons-shiseido.com

This is the official website for SL's non-export perfumes.

Good luck and tell us what you bought once you have bought !!!

--------------------

Cuauhtli
Modératrice
Pipelette ;)
Cuauhtli
353 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 14:00:47   Voir le profil de Cuauhtli (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Cuauhtli   

Hello Bonnie,

Welcome between us!

I don't speak english so well as Céline does, lol, but I will try to tell you a little about La Myrrhe.

Both Thibault and me like it very much, but we rather use it in the winter, because the fragrance is not "fresh" at all. On the contrary, it is quite heavy, strong, oriental in a way, but very different from all the other oriental ones, it has nothing to do with India, for instance, but moreless like a memory of very old civilisations, like Mesopotamia or Egypt, I think. Do you see what I mean?

So, it is really strange, with nearly a sticky consitance: the "juice" (I don't know if we can use that expression in english) has a deep red colour, beautiful, wich could make light pink spots in your clothes, so you have to be careful using it. It is also a part of the pleasure of La Myrrhe , lol.

--------------------
Cuauhtli

"La terre n'a qu'un soleil" (Proverbe touareg)
bonnie
Admirateur timide
5 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 18:56:55   Voir le profil de bonnie (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à bonnie   

Thank you for your responses and links! To Cuauhtli: you write English far better than I write French, and you are certainly very comprehendable.
I think I understand a little what La Myrrhe is about, and I liked it very much I-to me it is not as heavy a scent-more "dark" and warm.
Are there any other similar warm scents like that one for the winter??
Thanks in advance.
Bonnie
Clarizia
Modératrice
Fan !
Clarizia
74 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 19:31:02   Voir le profil de Clarizia (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Clarizia   

Hello Bonnie, and welcome

I would recommend you the same fragances as Celine and Cuauhtli but maybe you might also like Cuir Mauresque in the SPRS range, Daim Blond in the export range or Heliotrope from Etro. These three are warm and comforting fragances for the winter without being heavy or overpowering.
celine
Webmiss
Administrateur
celine
591 messages postés
   Posté le 10-11-2004 à 20:19:47   Voir le profil de celine (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   http://www.serge-lutens.com   Envoyer un message privé à celine   

Yes, Cuir Mauresque is a very good choice for autumn and winter !

--------------------

bonnie
Admirateur timide
5 messages postés
   Posté le 11-11-2004 à 08:11:33   Voir le profil de bonnie (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à bonnie   

Wonderful suggestions-thank you all! I have to get busy reading about them!!!

Etro?-I've read about it and got a sample from US-but don't know it at all. Can it be found in Paris???

You must have in mind that Denmark is a very small country-also parfume-wise. Shops here only carry the same brands-almost- as in "duty-free". Women here are still very conservative with their scents. Tresor and Red Door are the favorites and I know of no one who'll pay more than max 30€ for a scent-and that's already too much.
I learned about SL through the web-plus about a lot of other great scents I never dreamed of existed.

Sa Majeste la Rose and Datura Noir-the decriptions imply I might like them too-can anybody decribe them as if they are dominant or lasting/ fading scents? Fumerie Turque-heavy or "just" smoky?

Greetings Bonnie
celine
Webmiss
Administrateur
celine
591 messages postés
   Posté le 11-11-2004 à 13:54:21   Voir le profil de celine (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   http://www.serge-lutens.com   Envoyer un message privé à celine   

What kind of perfum can you get for 30 € ? That's funny !

I believe there's chocolate in Datura Dream (or do I dream ?). I've never liked that perfume but it really depends on the kind of skin you have. I cannot tell you much about Sa Majesté la Rose and Datura, but you can easily try them in France, at Sephora (on the Champs Elysées) or Marionnaud.

Fumerie Turque IS smocky in my opinion...

Almost all SL's perfumes last quite a long time...

--------------------

Cuauhtli
Modératrice
Pipelette ;)
Cuauhtli
353 messages postés
   Posté le 11-11-2004 à 19:34:04   Voir le profil de Cuauhtli (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Cuauhtli   

Datura noir is quite similent of Tubéreuse criminelle . In both cases, they have a very strong flower smell, with an exotic note, and something which could give to you in the long time a sensation of disgust and pain...

On the other hand, they are also quite hypnotic. So I am glad to get Datura noir in my SL collection (it was a present), but I never used it at the time.

And yes, Fumerie turque is smoky, with a little sugar note.

--------------------
Cuauhtli

"La terre n'a qu'un soleil" (Proverbe touareg)
bonnie
Admirateur timide
5 messages postés
   Posté le 12-11-2004 à 00:03:44   Voir le profil de bonnie (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à bonnie   

Thank you for you vivid descriptions of the scents! I certainly do not wish to feel disgust or pain. But it's good they last a long time.
I've got a lot of info from you all, and have to digest it now in order to have my mind clear when going shopping!
Also I need to browse a bit on the other posts on this board, just to get an idea.
Looking forward trying the suggestions.
Greetings Bonnie
Thibault
Modérateur
Pipelette ;)
Thibault
332 messages postés
   Posté le 16-11-2004 à 14:11:21   Voir le profil de Thibault (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Thibault   

Hello Bonnie,

Sorry for my late reply... All of the Serge Lutens creations from the export range can be found outside of Paris ! If you ever travel in France or in Belgium, in some shops, you'll find them !

Unfortunately, there is no official site for those fragrances. And as far as I know, not much documentation exists in english appart from the links referenced to you by Céline (and those sites offer a description I don't always agree with but it is a good start). Céline is building up a site dedicated to Serge Lutens (not only his work of art among perfumes) but I believe there will be little information in English... it represents so much work to translate and type every other page included in the site !

I really agree with all of the above. Serge has created some incredible fragrances based on natural ingredients from the vegetal world: Un Lys is very feminine and flowery and white and it is truly long lasting... Tubéreuse Criminelle is very strong, very special and you may not want to wear it among people. It is quite a statement from a lady !

From the export range, Fleurs de Citronniers, Un Lys are very interesting, considering all you wrote here above ("light and green": try Un Lys!!!). I would strongly recommend you try those. Clair de Musc is very white and powdery but no green note at all. It goes from flowery-white to mineral-white. Clair de Musc is very strange and like nothing else in that category ! The musc is so pure in it you'll love the base notes !

As for the price, strangely enough, it is cheaper to buy from the Shiseido shop in Paris the fragrances from the exclusive line (75ml) compared to the export range (50ml). And for the export range, price can vary depending on the shop. They are not to be found in airports.

Feel free to come up with other questions, requests, ...

Take care,
Thibault
Thibault
Modérateur
Pipelette ;)
Thibault
332 messages postés
   Posté le 16-11-2004 à 14:18:29   Voir le profil de Thibault (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à Thibault   

I just remembered: you can contact our other memeber Bela. She has an internet site where she describes all of the scents and the difference between all ranges is clearly identified ! Unfortunately, I don't know the adress of this site.
celine
Webmiss
Administrateur
celine
591 messages postés
   Posté le 16-11-2004 à 14:50:00   Voir le profil de celine (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   http://www.serge-lutens.com   Envoyer un message privé à celine   

Hi everybody,

I hope Bela won't mind if I answer before she can...

Here is a very nice site she built :
http://freespace.virgin.net/lovely.perfume/SergeLutensWeb.html
I just discovered it (I only knew a few pages of it) and the "how to pronounce Serge Lutens" really made me laugh ! I'm glad I've always pronounced it right.

Enjoy enjoy !!

--------------------

Haut de pagePages : 1  

Serge Lutens - www.autourdeserge.net  English - Español  all about Serge  Advice pleaseNouveau sujet   Répondre

Identification rapide :         

Divers
Imprimer ce sujet
Aller à :   

créer forum